Err

DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE?
01488 683922

Guild of Handicraft



Guild of Handicraft and George Hart Charles Robert Ashbee originally set up the Guild and School of Handicraft in East London in 1888. The school closed in 1895 and Ashbee moved the Guild down to Chipping Campden in 1902, but this was liquidated in 1907. George Henry Hart (1882-1973) was one of the original silversmiths who had moved with Ashbee and ihe took over the running of the workshops. But with the difficult conditions after the First World War he concentrated on farming until his success in the 1926 and 1927 Goldsmith's Company competitions. He was made a Freeman in 1929 and was joined in 1930 by his son, Henry. In 1933 he became a Liveryman. For a time he was joined by his half-brother Reynell Huyshe and the impressed mark on some metal wares was Hart and Huyshe, Campden, Glos. Huyshe was more of an academic and left to teach at the Gravesend School of Art where he taught, among others, Alex Styles. Now George Hart's grandson David Hart is left to continue the work of the Guild of Handicraft together with the next generation.
We are always interested in purchasing work by the Guild of Handicraft 

Scroll down to see selection of items currently in stock 
GUILD of HANDICRAFT Catalogue
Arts and Crafts at Campden
16 pages


(Reprint of original catalogue)
£ 10.00
GUILD OF HANDICRAFT Silver Beaker/Vase
London 1998

Height: 13.5cm


£ 275.00
GUILD of HANDICRAFT Silver Caddy Spoon
London 1981

8 cm

Engraved Prince of Wales Feathers

Made to commemorate the wedding of Charles and Diana


£ 195.00
GUILD OF HANDICRAFT Silver Spoon
London 1965

13.7 cm


Another similar available 1966
£ 165.00
GUILD of HANDICRAFT Silver Wine Taster
London 1973

Diameter: 10cm


£ 250.00