01488 683922

Winifred KING

Winifred King and Mildred Murphy traded as W King & Co. - originally registering their mark at the Birmingham Assay Office as craft workers based at The Studio, Old Palace Chambers, Earl Street, Coventry. Unmarked spoons turn up boxed with this printed address and their work has been noted between 1924 and 1958. All the girls apprenticed there received a ring on their 21st birthday; Irene Jackson received hers in 1937. Gladys and Charles Mumford also worked there and later moved to Falmouth where they continued working until the 1980's and selling items on the QEII.) One of their patrons was HM Queen Mary. The business closed during the war.