Diameter: 12cm (base)
With presentation inscription:
Stuart Maxwell: Warden 1979 - 1994 From the incorporation of Goldsmiths of Edinburgh
Stuart Maxwell (1922-2012) joined the Museum of Antiquities in Edinburgh in 1947 and worked tirelessly for the Scottish museums until he retired in 1982. His work on Scottish Silver was responsible for the fine collections in many of the Scottish Museums. He was a Freeman and later Warden for The Incorporation of Goldsmiths of the City of Edinburgh.